Table of Contents
Yogasana for Sunyoga explained
Sunyogi has developed a series of physical exercises to purify the body’s toxins and prepare us for meditation. These exercises can have significant positive effects if we balance all five elements. Just doing the exercises alone will balance the Earth element.
If we are not doing the exercises sincerely, do not commit it, it will instead pull our energies down. Maybe we try them out a few times. It is like opening a running process (a window of thought or karma) without completing it, and it will rather disturb us and soak our energy. Suppose we do the exercises at the same place and at the same time each day. In that case, we are also balancing the Water element, our time aura, and space aura (electromagnetic fields) will help us advance further in our practice and give us three times more benefits than the Earth element.
We make three times more toxins if we fail to create this regularity. If we then do the exercises with love and focused breathing, we will also balance the Air element and enjoy nine times more benefits than the Earth element. With correct breathing techniques, maximum oxygen is utilized, and total carbon dioxide is expelled. When proper breathing into the stomach and chest, we will see that both expand and when breathing out, we see they both contract. Stress causes the opposite breathing pattern. This, combined with disliking our practice, can give us nine times more toxins than the earth element.
What if we do the exercises without judgments and expectations? If we do the movements in a thoughtless condition, we will balance the Fire element and have 27 times more benefits. If we instead do our exercise while holding on to expectations and judgments, we instead ruin ourselves and will rather receive 27 times of toxins. If we do the exercises meditatively, we will experience 81 benefits. That is why we advocate stopping for a shorter meditation after each activity. So we close our eyes to balance the Space element for a short while.
If we are doing the exercises in a group and we can match our frequencies, the exercise’s effect is multiplied by the same number as the number of people in the group. If the group does not synchronize the movements, the mind will be disturbed and unfocused, and we will stop enjoying the exercise. Then this form of exercise will instead be harmful to us. Be careful with your breath for every practice below, and breathe only from the nose. For every activity, we inhale halfway and exhale the other half. Every exercise is done from a standing position.
Toxin removal from joints
1. Running like a baby: While running in a stationary spot, allow the whole body to relax completely. Imagine that you are a baby. Run for 1-2 minutes.
2. Running with controlled breathing: We run for 1 minute with two in-breaths followed by two out-breaths. The heels should reach up to the buttocks, and the arms should be relaxed. Increase the speed for one more minute. If done correctly, the benefits of the exercise will equal those of a 20 km morning walk.
3. Relax: Continue to stand up, close your eyes and feel the energy circulating in your body. Do this for about 1-2 minutes, then slowly open your eyes.
4. Left foot squeezes the toes: Lift the left leg and squeeze the toes together while inhaling from the nose. Relax the toes with the out-breath. Repeat seven times.
5. Left foot moves up and down: With the left leg lifted, tilt the left foot down while inhaling. Exhale as the foot is tilted upwards again. Repeat seven times.
6. Left foot circles: With the left foot lifted, move it in a flat half-circle clockwise while inhaling; then exhale while completing the process. Repeat seven times. Repeat the same movement seven times counterclockwise.
7. Leg energize: While inhaling at a faster pace, move the leg rapidly to the buttocks and exhale when the portion returns. Repeat seven times.
8. Repeat 4-7 with the right foot
9. Knee circles: Stand with the feet together and the knees slightly bent. Hold your hands on your knees. While inhaling, move the knees clockwise in a half circle; then exhale while completing the circle. Repeat seven times. Now repeat the same movement seven times counterclockwise.
10. Hip circles: Stand balanced with the feet apart. Place your hands on the hips. While inhaling, move the hips through a half circle clockwise; then complete the circle while exhaling. Hold the head fixed in one position and carry only the hips like a hula hoop movement. Repeat seven times. Repeat the same exercise seven times counterclockwise.
11. Open chest: Bring the elbows together, bent at 90 degrees and with closed fists touching. Hold this position while raising both arms until the upper and lower arms are vertical. While inhaling, open up the chest by moving the components to their respective side as much as possible and exhale when bringing the arms back. Repeat seven times.
12. Fingers squeeze: Hold the arms and fingers extended forward and horizontally. While inhaling, squeeze the fingers together. While exhaling, relax the fingers and keep the arms open. Repeat seven times.
13. Hands circles: Hold the arms forward and horizontally. Close each hand into a fist. Move the fists in a process clockwise, inhaling during the first half circle and exhaling during the second. Repeat seven times. Repeat the same movement seven times counterclockwise.
14. Energy balance arm: Start by holding the arms forward and horizontally. While inhaling rapidly, fold each component to its shoulder quickly. While doing so, close the fingers except for the thumb and touch the thumb to the shoulder. Exhale while unfolding both arms back to their start position and relax. Repeat Seven times.
This exercise will be especially beneficial for all kinds of stomach and abdominal problems like obesity, digestion, and eating disorders. So many other issues can be healed. It is an essential exercise that will balance the navel so it will return to its neutral position. All our diseases can improve with this exercise because all our organs are connected to the navel. If it is out of place, it means the body is imbalanced, and the direction of where the navel is pulled indicates where and what organ has an imbalance.
15. Shoulder circles: Bring both thumbs to their respective shoulders. While inhaling, move the shoulders, so the elbows rotate vertically from pointing down to pointing up. While exhaling, point the elbows to the sides and rotate both elbows downward along a second-half circle. Repeat seven times. Repeat the same movement seven times in the opposite direction, from side to front.
16. Wrist movements hands: Hold the arms forward and horizontally. Do seven smaller movements up and down with the arms while bending the wrist to allow the hands to travel up and down as far as possible along the arms. Do the same type of movement seven times with the arms held horizontally to the sides; finally, do the same kind of movement seven times with the arms held up.
Repeat 7 times the whole cycle of movements. Do the counting for every wrist movement as follows: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and for the next cycle of activities, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 until the last and seventh-round 7, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. Counting will help us to increase brain capacity.
17. Neck forward and backward: Remember to focus on the Ajna Chakra for the neck exercises. While inhaling, tilt the head down and while exhaling, move the head back to the center. Then while inhaling, tilt the head back, and while exhaling, move the head back to the center. Repeat seven times.
18. Neck left and right: While inhaling, move the head to the left, and while exhaling, move the head back to the center. Then while inhaling, move the head to the right, and while exhaling, move the head back to the center. Repeat seven times.
19. Neck mix of 17-18: Move forward and backward as in 17 and then continue to the sides as in 18. Repeat seven times.
20. Neck circles: Do clockwise circles with the head: inhale during the first half circle and exhale during the second. Repeat seven times. Repeat the same movement seven times counterclockwise.
21. Relax: Close the eyes and feel the energy circulating in the body. Do this for about 1 minute, and then slowly open the eyes.
Toxin removal from muscles
22. Hold energy ball: Imagine holding an energy ball with a diameter of about 30cm. Endeavor to keep the hips forward and only bend the back. Start with the left hand on top and the right hand supporting the ball from below. While inhaling, move the ball to the left side. There you swap hand positions. Exhale while moving back to the center. Do the same type of movement to the right side. Repeat seven times.
23. Lift a heavy ball and push down the spring: Bend the knees while inhaling to catch a big imaginary heavy energy ball as it bounces from the ground. Lift it and tense the muscles. When it reaches the shoulders, turn the palms down and imagine pushing down on a spring while exhaling. Tense the muscles both in the up and down movement. Repeat seven times.
24. Reach up and sit down: While inhaling, stretch up as far as you can and stand on your toes for a few seconds. While exhaling, sit on an imaginary chair in the air (bending the knees 90 degrees) while holding the arms horizontally forward. Hold for a few seconds. Repeat seven times.
25. Relax: Close the eyes and feel the energy circulating in the body. Do this for about 1-2 minutes, and then slowly open the eyes.
Expelling Toxins from the body
26. Ha: While standing, separate the legs slightly. Move the arms up while inhaling. Move the arms to the ground while exhaling. When inhaling, bring the right hand to the left foot and twist the left arm up in the air, following it with your gaze. While exhaling, move the left hand to the right foot and turn the right arm up in the air while following it with your look. Now bring your hands to the ground once again while inhaling; lift the arms in the air while exhaling lightly with a relaxing ha sound. Repeat seven times.
27. Relax: Close the eyes and feel the energy circulating in the body. Do this for about 1-2 minutes, then slowly open your eyes.
28. Chopping wood Ho: While standing, separate the legs slightly. Bring the hands together with the index fingers pointing out. Start by lifting the arms while breathing in and when dropping the arms, exhale all the air from deep within the stomach with a strong ho sound. Repeat 18 times and continue at a
faster pace, 18 times more.
29. Relax: Close the eyes and feel the energy circulating in the body. Do this for about 1-2 minutes, then slowly open your eyes.