Table of Contents
Download Instructions for Photo and Eye-to-eye meditation
Audio MP3 Instruction for Eye-to-eye Meditation (ENGLISH)
Audio MP3 Instruction for Photo Meditation (SWEDISH)
The best time of the day to do meditation is as early as possible. The best is if we can wake up and meditate between 3:00 am and 6:00 am. We should try to find a location where we can come back and sit every day at the same time in a calm and peaceful atmosphere. Try to find a comfortable sitting position for your meditation. The most important is to have the back upright, and the rest of the body relaxed. Each step in the meditation protocol below must be practiced carefully before going to the next one.
Sit in your favorite sitting position (Asana). The best is to sit on the floor, and you can use pillows to make the sitting place comfortable. If you cannot sit on the floor, you can sit in a chair. To practice Photo Meditation, we need a photograph of our face in which our eyes and face are clear. The size of the photo should not be smaller than 12 x 10 cm or 5 x 4 inches. The photograph should be placed in front of us at the same height as our eyes, approximately 1 to 2 meters (about 3 to 6 feet) away, so that we can focus clearly on our open eyes in the photograph (the same distance also used in Eye-to-eye meditation). The spine will become erect if the photo is kept at eye level.
0. Close your eyes for a few minutes to prepare your mind.
1. Give respect (pranam) to your parents, whether they are alive or have passed
away. Give respect to your parents through the heart.
2. Give respect (pranam) to your guru, guardians, and teachers, to everyone you
have learned something from, whether younger or older, enemies or friends. Give respect to all of them.
3. Give respect (pranam) to the idols whom you trust, Mahavatar Babaji, Lord Jesus, Lord Buddha, Prophet Muhammad, deities, and gurus from all religions, to all the noble persons in the world. Give respect to all of them.
4. Give respect (pranam) to Mother Earth, Mother Nature, and Mother Universe for
protecting us and giving us a chance to experience life.
5. Feel all living creatures in this world belong to one family. All beings: human beings, animal beings, insect beings, animal beings, and plant kingdom. Cast, color, creed, country, religion, all humans, we are one family. Give love to all.
6. Put some self-inquiry questions to get the self-solution.
– Who am I? Who am I?
– What do I want?
– Why do I want it?
– What is the purpose of life?
– Why am I here on this Mother Earth?
– What is the relation between what I want and what I am doing now?
Put these questions again and again. Do not wait for an answer. Answers will come on time at the Samadhi stage.
7. Expand yourself to your inner divine to make friendship with your inner divine. With strong determination:
– YES, I CAN make friendship with my inner divine/divine partner!
– I MUST make friendship with my inner divine/divine partner!
– Even if I die, I WILL make friendship with my inner divine/divine partner!
8. Slowly open your eyes. Look at the center point between the eyebrows (Ajna Chakra) of your photo (or partner). Your face is relaxed; your body is relaxed, and your mind is relaxed. Now feel friendship, friendship with your inner divine (partner). In the beginning, tears might come, but that should not hinder us from keeping our eyes open. Tears are good and a sign we are going through a cleansing process and purging ourselves of many germs. If the eyes hurt, we can blink a few times and then again keep the eyes open.
First, we look at the Ajna Chakra for about 10 minutes. Next, move the attention, look at both eyes, and focus all the attention there. Once the concentration becomes fixed, stay there for about 10 minutes. Next, shift the focus to a single eye and stay with the focus there for about 10 minutes. When our concentration is fixed on one eye, narrow the focus to just the pupil for about 10 minutes.
[after approximately 40 minutes]
9. Slowly close your eyes. Slowly close your eyes.
10. Squeeze, squeeze your eyes—tight, tight, tight. Gently relax. Do not open your eyes. Again. Squeeze your eyes. Squeeze your eyes. Squeeze your eyes—tight, tight, tight. Gently relax. Do not open your eyes. One more time. Squeeze your eyes. Squeeze your eyes. Squeeze your eyes—tight, tight, tight. Gently relax. Do not open your eyes.
11. Normal closing eyes, focus inside the eyebrow. There is a beautiful light, a very nice vibration, enjoy it.
[after approximately 1 minute, or a moment of your choice]
12. Keeping your eyes closed, rub your hands together and make them warm. Warm, warm, warm, and when the palms have become very hot, immediately touch your eyes with your palms. Continue with this touch for a few seconds. Transfer prana (heat) from your hands to your eyes. Then, slowly roll down your hands across the face and gently massage both eyelids with your fingertips. Repeat this procedure three times.
13. Relax your hands, go down with your head touching the ground, and do Pranam to your inner divine (partner). Thanks to your inner divine (partner) for giving us a beautiful life and a very nice experience. Pray to your inner divine (partner) for peace, prosperity, wisdom, good health, unconditional love, and enlightenment. For individuals, for all of us, for all humanity, for better men, and good wishes. Pray your prayer to your inner divine (partner) to burn all the darkness from our lives, all negative aspects, negative judgment, and negative karma, purify us, and give us peace, prosperity, wisdom, good health, unconditional love, and enlightenment.
14. Slowly sit up, slowly sit up, slowly, gently, open your eyes and relax. Shavasan.
[Shavasana is required to store and assimilate all the energy we receive from meditation.]
15. With your eyes closed, lie down on your back with your feet about at least 6 inches apart and relaxed. Hands detached from the body. Rest your hands with your palms facing the ground. Your face is facing the sky. Closing eyes. Every joint of the body is completely loose and relaxed.
16. Bring your complete awareness to your toes.
17. Bring awareness from your toes to your feet to your ankle, knee, and hip joints. Feel down part of (below them) hip of your body; you are not aware of that.
18. Bring awareness to the spinal cord, Muladhara Chakra, Svadhishthan Chakra, kidneys, stomach, Manipur Chakra, gallbladder, liver, heart, and Anahata Chakra. Feel down part of (below the) Anahata your body; you are unaware of that.
19. Bring awareness from Anahata Chakra to the Lungs, chest, Vishuddhi Chakra, and neck.
20. Bring awareness from the fingertips of hands to the wrist joint, elbow joint, shoulder joint, and neck. Feel down part of (below the) neck of your body; you are unaware of that.
21. Bring awareness from the neck to mouth, nose, ear, eyes, Ajna Chakra, pineal gland, pituitary gland, cerebellum, cerebrum, and top of the head Sahasrara Chakra. Feel your awareness is only in the Sahasrara Chakra, not in other parts of the body.
22. Then throw your awareness outside your body and into the Sun. With your attention inside the Sun, look at your own “lifeless” body lying on the ground. Look at all the organs or areas of the body and give extra focus to those parts of the body that you feel need healing. Keep observing the Sun with healing rays going to your weaker organs for several minutes and feel at peace. Give love unconditionally. As long as you are in this state, experience the joy. Once you do this correctly, you can throw out all illnesses and negatives from your body. Heal yourself from the outside for at least 8 minutes.
23. Slowly bring down awareness from the Sun through Sahasrara Chakra. Slowly, bring down awareness from the Sun through Sahasrara Chakra, cerebrum, cerebellum, pituitary gland, pineal gland, Ajna Chakra, eyes, ear, nose, mouth, neck, Vishuddhi Chakra, shoulders, elbows, wrists, fingertips of hands.
24. Bring awareness from Vishuddhi Chakra to the chest, lungs, Anahata Chakra, heart, liver, gallbladder, Manipur Chakra, stomach, kidneys, Svadhishthan Chakra, Muladhara Chakra, hip joint, knee joint, ankle joint, the toe of the feet.
25. Now, bring your awareness inside the physical body. You are watching your physical body through your inner divine awareness. Watch your organs and body parts through your inner divine awareness. Which organ or which part of the body you find weak, focus there for a longer time through inner divine awareness. Charge yourself, and heal yourself through inner divine awareness. Let inner divine awareness heal you for a short while.
[after approximately 1 minute, or a moment of your choice]
26. Then gently flex your toes, feet, fingers, hands, and other joints in your body. Once the awareness is brought back throughout the body, let the experience linger in every part for a short while.
27. Then, slowly turn your body to the left, and take some normal breaths.
28. Next, rise with the support of your hands. Slowly bring your body to a sitting position and sit with your eyes closed for a while before slowly opening your eyes.
29. Give thanks to your inner divine/divine partner for giving you such a wonderful experience. Thank your inner divine/divine partner for the healing and unconditional love. The session is complete. Feel the warmth, peace, and bliss in yourself, and smile.
Do you want to learn more?
Please get in touch with our Sunyoga coordinator Jonathan (email@example.com), for training and workshops worldwide.